Monday, September 13, 2010

The Big Move!

So it pretty much took us all day Monday to pack. We didn't get out of Utah until about 4:30 in the afternoon. We drove down to Vegas and then continued on to Cali the next day. Everything was going well and we were making great time. About an hour out of San Diego Josh made a mad dash off the freeway and I was right behind him. We were in the middle lane and luckily no one was next to him because our truck pulled him off the road. The wheel came completely detatched and we are lucky he didn't roll. It could have been a disaster. But we had to sit and wait for the tow truck for over two hours. We were so close and yet so far. We weren't able to get our truck back until Thursday afternoon and it turns out they gave it back still broken!! So we could have died yet again! The rod that holds the two front tires together was broken and they didn't fix it before we took it back to unpack our things. Needless to say we got 50% of our money back and they are lucky no one got hurt or they would have had a big law suit on their hands. Just fyi the tow truck guy told us that ours was the second Penske truck he had towed for that same reason. So if you are moving do not go through Penske. Pay a little extra money to make sure you get there safe!!

Other than that our trip was good. Between my interviews and Josh's orientation we were able to get all moved in, show my parents around San Diego, and take a segway tour of the city which was so much fun! My parents were so great to help us move in. It was a bigger job than I thought it was going to be. You would be surprised how much stuff fits in a one bedroom apartment. I was able to find a job that week and started work on Monday the same day Josh started school, and we were back to the grind all over again. It was a blessing though because we wouldn't survive if I didn't have a job. I work at a dermatology office up in Encinitas which is about 30 minutes north of where we live. It is a little bit of a commute but I'm getting used to it. We have to be there by 7:30 so I get up pretty early. But then I get off at 4:00 which is really nice. Most of the time I miss traffic which is also a plus because it is awful down here. Josh is busy studying away but we have managed to have fun in between all the craziness. We actually see each other more now than we did before. He was always working the night shifts to accommodate his school schedule and we didn't see each other until ten at night a lot of times. But he gets home about six and that has been so nice. So we are hangin in there. It's still weird that this is home. There are some days that I could like to just come home but it gets better and easier everyday. It will be nice when we can come back and visit.

1 comment:

bigs said...

Josh and Mandy --

I am an employee of Penske. I am glad that you safely reached your destination, and I am concerned after reading your post. Can you please contact me to provide additional information as to what happened?

I am based in Pa., and my contact information -- Alen Beljin, Communications,, 610-775-6364.